Wednesday, June 26, 2013

:: BOOTIK SHOP TALK ::



:: WALL STREET SHUFFLE (epilogue) 


YouTube analytics stats tell me that most people just don't watch till the very end the original clip for BOOTIK's first album WALL STREET SHUFFLE. They do add that the video’s ‘audien
ce retention’ is above average though. But, that very ending bit happens to contain one of my favorite BOOTIK musical segment I tagged as the... ‘Babylonian Cluster f@*K Ending’.

Well… To deprive most of humanity of its charm seems unnecessarily mean. So I decided to give it another chance. I yanked it out of context & here it is again in this new format...

This flick also has the particularity to have influenced the musical content of the song smack in the middle of its creation. This is quite unique, a first for me since videos are usually done later in the process, when the song is all but completely finished. Let me explain !

WALL STREET SHUFFLE was my third BOOTIK clip & by then I knew the ridiculous amount of time & energy required, so I started early on it with rough mixes as we went along on the almost 5 minutes long track.

Them five measly minutes are quite extensive when 30 frames for each second of video is needed & somehow you’ll end up knowing & caring way too much about each of them.

So at one point I realized, on my creative merry way, that, to bring the clip to its own voodoo logical & artistic end, the 'traditional' 10cc rock combo arrangement would not cut it. The scope of the financial wipeout was of epic proportion & the visual had taken an organized chaos tangent fueled by the apocalyptic nature of our global economy.

The fact that 70% of financial transactions were, by then, made by computers in a stealth 'Black Box' manner but added to the spastic look & feel of it all.

So I called Serge and told him about the flicks demands. I remember rambling about 'Babylonian feel’, ‘organized chaos' & 'le bordel est pogné'. The call was…‘Give me Jericho’s horns & the great Sumerian tower shaken to its foundations’… Musically !

& the guy whips it beyond all f@*kin' expectations... LOVE THIS BAND !


:: ORIGINAL FULL CLIP ::

No comments:

Post a Comment